16 June 2012

Eileen Gatt

My eyes were drawn to a bracelet with small charms, and when I looked up, the stand belonged to Eileen Gatt.


"After graduating from the Royal College of Art in London, Eileen returned home to the Scottish Highlands to set up her own Jewellery & Silversmithing business in the Black Isle. This location provides her with the perfect environment in which to work as she is inspired by the mystical interaction between man and the sea. Eileen is fascinated by ancient stories and customs and this is what inspires her when she is designing her jewellery and silverware." You can find Eileen's website here.






Eileen actually taught me at an evening class many years ago when we were both in our twenties. I had seen her work on line before, but I came away thinking, that if I had to stand behind any stand today, that would have been the one I would have most like to have claimed as my own. (Hope you don't mind Eileen!)


The palette of pale greens and brushed silver hit the spot for me. The simplicity, the graphic shapes, and the fact it felt like there was a story behind the pieces, seemed just perfect. There was a necklace that I tried on and fell in love with. Best of all I feel totally inspired, and want to up my game.


And look at this image I found on line, polar bear, ice and snow. It could have been made for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment