18 March 2011

Family

I mentioned in my last post, that in the Summer, I will be sharing exhibition space in my house with my mother. I am lucky enough to have an amazing relationship with her; we are family, but also best friends. We both wear a version of this necklace, which is called Family. It has minute photos of my grandmother, my mother, and me. A strong bond of strong women. The photos are only about 8mm, and they are set behind glass with a traditional rub over setting. Although you can see the detail in this photo, you can't appreciate the beauty of it's small scale. Inspired in some degree by the chatelaines worn by Victorian women, I love the delicate movement of this piece due to the fact that all the elements are individually attached.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have jewellery that connects you to your family and has sentiment! I love it!

    ReplyDelete