18 March 2011

ARThouse Open Studio Event

One of the first events I am working towards, is the local open studio festival here in the Borough of Richmond Upon Thames. This festival is open to all artists and creative crafts people living or working in the Borough who would like to open their houses or studios to the public. Its aim is to promote the creative communities here, and to showcase the range of work produced locally. By opening our studios it allows visitors to engage with the relationship between the artist and their art. Last years festival involved over 150 artists who exhibited their work in their homes, studios, and other venues.

ARThouse 2011, takes place over two weekends in June. This gives me plenty of time to build up stock levels and work on new ideas. I am really looking forward to the event, as I will also be sharing my space with my mother, who will have her prints on display here.

No comments:

Post a Comment