23 January 2015

January's bite



The temperature gauge tells me it's minus four and a half degrees today. The air is biting, but the sun is fighting through and it will probably be a glorious day.


It's been an impossibly hard week here. The first bit waiting. Trying to be patient. Waiting for promised news to coming. Hoping it would be good.


The news arrived. It wasn't good. There had been hope. Hope for good news. Hope that I could draw a line. Hope that I could move on.


Then decisions. Huge decisions. Life changing decisions.


In some ways it was easy to pick the path to take. I am a mother. Mothers will understand that ultimately all decisions are made based on what's best for your children.


And so it's not over, and I couldn't draw a line, and I am not free just yet to move on. But it won't be long now.


Spring is just around the corner. Brighter days. New life.


It was nice to blow away the cobwebs and breathe in the frosty park this morning. Creativity is easily crushed under the pressure of stress. But you know me... 


... I'm a glass half full girl. The sun will shine bright again soon.

4 comments: