29 December 2016

The in between days. A time for reflection.



This year I hosted Christmas for the first time since moving to King's River Cottage. It was a relaxed affair with my boys, my mum and dad, and for the first time ever I extended the hospitality to a non family member - a friend who was going to spend the day alone. It felt right, and kind, and that felt good. The fire was lit, the tree sparkled, the table looked beautiful, there were presents to unwrap, a perfect (if slightly late) Christmas lunch, and I spent my day enjoying it rather than photographing it. 

Just a few days days later, it all seems so long ago. The days between Christmas and New Year have taken on their own unique pace like they do every year. For me they are a strange blend of anticlimax, relaxation, contemplation, slight restlessness and forward planning.

Yesterday I took some time to tidy the house and blitz the studio. I was completely pooped before Christmas - juggling running a small business, the school holidays, Christmas shopping, and all while  solo parenting. I had just closed the door on weeks of mess. It seemed the best idea at the time.

Today I was back at the bench for a while in my refreshed clean and tidy space. I have a few pieces of jewellery that have to go out in the next few days. I have also started thinking about 2017, at least for the business. At the end of last year I invested in a Kickstarter campaign by The Design Trust who have produced the most amazing action planner called Dream Plan Do. Full of useful prompts, and spaces to scribble. I do find it most helpful to be directed through the process of looking back, then looking forward. Thinking about what you achieved, what you want to achieve, and how you can go about making it happen.

2016 has been a hard year, and there is no question, I will be glad to see the back of it. It felt like a year of standing still instead of moving forward, but already I am beginning to realise that wasn't the case in so many ways. Roll on 2017.

I will leave you today with a photo of the Bauble Bushes in our local park. (now at the top of the post) We took a chilly walk to see them this afternoon. Every year the baubles appear, young families add more, and then just as quickly they disappear. So glad to have a moment to visit them before they are gone.




2 comments:

  1. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Berwick Jewellers

    ReplyDelete