24 June 2014

Work in progress

I have been trying to make some stock for Open Studios in July, as well as thinking about preparing for this year's main event - Kirsty Allsopp's Handmade Fair in September. Alongside that I have been working on some commissions as always.


Today I have been making a stunning gorgeous Blue Topaz  cocktail ring...


...and also a lovely aquamarine ring, with this big curved rectangular aquamarine. The setting needs to be shaped to match the stone, and this stone also has a curved base, which makes working with it harder. I like to avoid ones with curved bases, but this was such a great shape, and I knew it would make a great ring.

Both of these are no where near finished, they need a good polish and the stone setting, but I should be able to post finished pics by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment